My wife and I are traveling overseas to adopt a child. What medical insurance is available for us and can you also provide coverage for the adopted child?

Medical insurance coverage is readily available for you and your wife through either the Patriot Travel Medical Insurance plans or the many Travel Protection plans you will find on our website.

Coverage for the child is a little more challenging as the coverage start date requested is typically while the child is still in their country of citizenship. Many adoptive parents assume full responsibility for the child but remain in the adoptive child's country of citizenship for a week or two while adoption paperwork is officially approved and recorded. The child will eventually be covered under the parents domestic healthcare plan but usually not until they have returned to their adoptive parent's home country.

For these situations we recommend you call one of our licensed agents for assistance.


M-Th 8AM - 6PM Fri 8AM-4:30PM EST

The Travel Insurance Experts